Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another Week Passes By

Another week goes by and I’m slowly getting into the feel of things. I’ve finally met Francis (the health coordinator for the Savusavu Red Cross Branch) and I’m getting used to seeing new people around the house. I don’t know if I will ever get used to seeing frogs jump around the house, and it’s becoming a past time to count the numbers of moko (geckos) running around on the ceilings and walls of the house (15 at my last count). And as we slowly wind out our first and only month in this house, I can’t help but feel a wind of excitement draw me in as we finalise the documents and payments for the new house. We move in to the new house on the first of March (which is the week after next week).

There’s gonna be so much that I’ll be preparing for. One being the Peer Ed training for the FRCS Together We can Project. Sevu’s coming up sometime next week-ish to start recruiting Peer Eds from Taveuni and Savusavu for the training. The next thing I might have to look forward to is the upcoming peace camp. It’s being organized for April and George said that I could re-apply and see if I could get in. On the other hand I’m also gonna nominate Rhonda and whoever else might want to apply for the camp from the Choir.

So as you can see, my post is becoming more coherent and easier to understand. LOL. Meaning that I haven’t fallen bored and closed the document to continue it another day. However, this means that this post will be a short one as I’m slowly running out of things to put into this post. Internet here in Savusavu is annoying. There’s a computer place in town with good internet but the connection speed once you open a new tab just slows the whole pc down. Oh and I’m sure that it’s got a low RAM. Which reminds me, I have to get a new RAM chip (maybe just order it from the computer place and pay for the extra shipping charges. Also I have to ask how much it’ll cost to have the Sound Card changed. But I don’t want to give the pc for fixing only to wait a long time for it cause we need it for Corps Stuff. The shop does pc maintenance and they have a lot of old computers lying around, probably waiting to get fixed.

This promises to be a week full of different experiences, new ones and hopefully new places to be. There’s a funeral (my first one in Savusavu) and I think the Protex Clean Hands promotion comes to Savusavu this week and I’ll get to meet the other Red Cross volunteers here in Savusavu.

This is it for now. Catch up again in my next post.

No comments: