Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

You would not believe this but it’s an actual word. I mean it… I typed it on Word as the title for my next blog post and the spelling & grammar application told me that I had spelt it wrong and gave me the correct spelling. SHIT. I mean it’s bloody amazing. I’m still speechless. Seriously. Can’t you tell?

I found some really tight fonts and I’m hoping to grab some more pretty soon. Oh and I’ve found a really amazing quote by Catherine Booth I’ve made into a sticker-ish kinda thing, check it:



The mini sticker will go on all letters that I personally send, especially to stuff like my SWY application for this year and my YPF application. I’m sooo in love with it. Now all that’s left is for me to figure out how I am going to occupy my time here in Savusavu more effectively.

Big News. At the time this post goes on-net I’ll be in the new house. Once again, we’ll be living in transition, with boxes everywhere and life a living hell for me. I’m trying to get the message across to mum and dad that I’m not sharing any bedrooms with anyone. Not ever. My time sharing rooms are over. I want my personal space. Look, I’m not a teenager anymore; I’m not in high school. I will not share a room with anyone. Not now. Not ever. Hell to the No.

I’m excited about tomorrow (Sunday, 28 Feb)... Sevu comes into town and we’ll be meeting with the Branch volunteers at the Fire Station. I’m sooo excited. I wonder if the guys are cute… oops, too much information for this place… LOL

The humidity here is driving me insane. It’s hot and really sticky. I’m just thinking about getting in to the bathroom for a really long shower. Let me see, it’s five o’ clock now, I’ll be out of the shower by 9pm? Hahaha. Nah, I won’t take it that long. I want it just long enough to cool me down and leave me shivering.

Oh the afternoon breeze is amazing and the temperature is dropping but I still feel sticky and in need of another shower.

Looks like I’ll have to continue this post later, maybe tomorrow after the meeting. Fingers crossed we can have some grog. I’m also dying for a cigarette. It’s been yonks since my last roll. This incidentally was when mum and dad went to Suva and I took a stroll to the shop and smoked by the hot springs… LOL

Wonders upon wonders… it never ceases to amaze me how much can change in the space of a few hours. Since my last typing this post, I had a chat with mum and she said that I get my own space, no sharing. YES!!!! I wanna ask dad if he could find something that’ll work as a book shelf for my books. If there’s one thing I’m looking forward to in Suva is buying a new book (or two… three… four… hehehe). I’m so glad to have a room to myself, and it’s a huge room mum said, so there’ll be plenty of space. I wanna get a rug for my own, oh and I’m definitely saving up for my own laptop.

So many plans and yet no job to make them a reality. God will provide. I’m sure of it. I may be a sinner but I believe in a God who forgives and have faith in His ability to provide for me despite all I’ve done.

I know people doubt my faith and belief but its like I always say, it’s between me and God. What I believe in and how I exercise it is my own prerogative and no one else’s. People need to focus on their own walk with God and stop worrying about how I’m stumbling over mine.

So there you go, update number two on a Saturday night. LOL. This post will undergo more updates until it’s ready for posting on blogger on Monday (fingers crossed).

_
Once again something has taken place that’s changed situations, this time on a global scale in the space of time since my last post. An earthquake has struck the coastal state of Chile (8.8 on the Richter scale) and it has created a tsunami that at the time of this post will have reached Fiji, although I am not sure as to the extent of its damage to us. I pray for friends and family who live in the areas that can be affected by the tidal wave. I’m afraid that people will get complacent with how it will turn out. We’ve had previous warnings that never came to pass yet I fear that this is one that will hit and maybe with disastrous consequences (or not). I’m unsure as to how far the wave has traveled and also its speed, I am sure, however that the reefs around our islands will offer some protection, in the least.

God be with us all.

This is turning out to be a day of much apprehension and fear. I just got news that waves as high as four meters hit Tahiti this morning between 8-10am. Life has yet again dealt a blow to people all over the world. When the world is slowly helping Haiti pick up the pieces of its wreckage, Chile is rocked with an earthquake creating waves that could destroy the livelihoods of countless other people’s in other countries. Makes me feel like penning another poem... now that’s an idea!

Give me a sec and let me try and pen it…

-
The poem is still being penned and it seems to me that in between breaks for this post, things change over and over again.

When we moved into the new house, mum decided to move the office into the first bedroom and have only two bedrooms for us (meaning I’d have to share with someone… yuck). I didn’t kick up a fuss or anything; I just played it cool and bided my time. Meanwhile, Sevu’s flight was cancelled and so I spent yet another night in his hotel room. Somehow, between my stay overnight with Sevu and returning home in the morning, the living arrangements changed YET AGAIN!
This time with Capt Litiana pushing it through, the argument for privacy has won. I get to have my room to myself and the first bedroom can be the visitor’s room. I’m sooo bloody rejoicing right now. The only thing is for mum to start unpacking her stuff and move the boxes out of my room and put them in the back. I will not share my living space with her luggage. HELL NO. That’s the second argument I’ll have to fight and to the bitter end, I will.

So that’s it for this post of many changes. The word has lived up to its name: SUIPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS.

No comments: