Friday, March 19, 2010

Jinxed

I seem to be jinxing my trip to Suva. The more and more I talk to people about the trip, the more it gets pushed back another week. I called Sevu this morning and he told me that the workshop had to be pushed back a week because the Director General (DG as we fondly call her) wants every branch to have their AGM’s before the volunteers head to Suva for training. And she wants to be present at the AGM’s for some reason… scary. I’ll just play it safe.

So we’ll have our branch AGM sometime next week-ish and I’m hoping to meet the other volunteers of the Savusavu branch. Apparently, most of the volunteers are firemen so it’ll be a crucial thing for me to meet and be introduced to them. I’m getting all flustered at the thought. LOL

I just hope I don’t jinx it, cause that’ll make me shitty for the week. A bonus for me this week is that I got to meet Pita (the other volunteer peer ed) and he is cute. He’s very friendly too. Very friendly. (can you sense my grin?)

But like the title says, I’d just as soon jinx it. I hope not. This Saturday we’ll be going to visit clients at Yaroi village and besides visitation we’ll be doing referrals as well. It’s going to be fun. Meanwhile, I was hoping to be in Suva for the Hope Concert but it doesn’t seem like that’ll happen at all since we have to leave on Monday after the Saturday concert. Gawd that sucks big time; the only thing I have to look forward to now is hearing Rhonda’s new song: “Vows go Unbroken” and seeing the choir members all together.

I’m also looking forward to attending at least one practice for the Suva Community Gospel Choir. That’s a good highlight for me; that and PV practice.

There’s so much to do but so little time to do it. I still have things to buy, at least with the money that Dad gave me; I was able to get the earrings I wanted, one pair of black crystal studs and another pair of black with pink stripes studs. Major plus to me. Hehehehe.

No comments: