Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time winding down & i'm going into cruise control



Life seems to slow down for me this week. Since Sevu came and left, I’m so excited about going down to Suva but it seems like forever till I go; it’s TWO WHOLE weeks before we leave. I’ve already got my list of things to buy when I get to town, the first being a new book to read. Then I’m also thinking about getting one pack of Africa’s Best relaxer and asking Frances to help me relax my hair. That’s like the top two on my list. Then there’s black nail polish and polish remover. And finally, DVDs for my aching collection at home.

I’d have to budget my allowance properly so that I can also take Jessica & William some McD’s or Fish & Chips for lunch, depending on which is financially viable for me.

I’d have to budget for meals (bfast & dinner), I was thinking of getting like some Chow noodles, eggs & tinned meat (plus onions) and cooking at the motel room kitchenette. That would erase my need to go and constantly buy dinner. It’s gonna be a labour of love for me to save my money and not spend needlessly. I was thinking of taking like $20 and depositing it into my bank account for emergencies. Just something I could tap into in need. But if all goes well, I wouldn’t even have to touch that money; just leave it for when I come back into Savusavu.

But even before I leave, there’s some stuff I’d like to get; like a pair of black crystal studs and some DVD’s for Rhonda (Who will of course have to pay me back when I get there). So there’s much to do in preparation for that time.

But again, I can’t seem to stress how slow time seems to crawl by this past week. I’m just hoping that I don’t lose my sanity in this preparation for Suva. God knows how excited I am at the prospect of seeing everyone back home again. I’ve also given some thought into job searching in Suva and also house hunting. I wanna be able to find something to take me through and also keep me going. It’s not that I want to leave mum and dad behind, it’s just that I need to begin to take care of myself, in my own way and in my own space. Cause if I keep tagging along, I’ll just keep sacrificing my personal identity to placate them; and that’s not me. Not One Bit.

So this is me, winding down and going into cruise control.

No comments: